1. Embark on this night tour and go in search of Japan's own species of nocturnal flying squirrel to watch them glide through the air after dusk.
2. On this popular tour, the chance of seeing flying squirrels is 97.7% and the tour draws in about 500 international participants. If you can successfully see a flying squirrel, you will be given a flying squirrel watcher certificate.
3. Before going to observe the flying squirrels, you’ll be asked questions like “how far can they fly?”, and “what do they eat?” Participants will be given a lecture that will answer these questions, provide pointers of observing flying squirrels without missing them, and give information on their ecology.
4. Everyone from 4-year-old children to adults can join this tour, and there’s no need to bring anything with you. This night tour can be enjoyed regardless of age.
5. Visit Karuizawa from Tokyo via Shinkansen in as little as 60 minutes. Enjoy a holiday amongst the rich nature unique to Karuizawa.