1. Go see Mt. Fuji from the Pacific Ocean side on this tour. This 1-day tour takes participants to everything great in Shizuoka Prefecture, from Mt. Fuji to tea plantations, Kunozan Toshogu Shrine, a post town along the Tokaido road, and ukiyo-e woodblock print art.
2. Enjoy the view of the mountain from Mt. Fuji's 2nd Station at an altitude of 1,500 meters.
3. Visit Nihondaira, a picturesque spot with views of Japan's most bountiful green tea fields, Mt. Fuji, and Suruga Bay.
4. Take a round-trip ropeway ride to Kunozan Toshogu Shrine and its main hall which is a designated National Treasure.
5. Tour an art museum featuring ukiyo-e woodblock prints by master Utagawa Hiroshige in Yui-shuku, a post town along the Tokaido road.
Ukiyo-e is a style of block printing developed in the Edo period (1603-1868). This style was highly influential, and it’s thought that even Vincent van Gogh studied the style, creating oil paintings based on woodblock prints by famous artist Utagawa Hiroshige.
Look forward to a simple ukiyo-e woodblock print making experience at the art museum.