1. Experience transforming into an authentic oiran at a great location just a 5-minute walk from Kenrokuen Garden!
The dedicated staff will handle dressing and hairstyling, and the photographer will capture you beautifully.
2. During the Edo period about 400 years ago, oiran were the highest class of courtesans in the licensed quarters. Oiran have been featured in films and the like, and their bewitching and vivid style has been popular even to this day.
3. Participants will be given one 2L size photo from the photos taken as a present. Editing and reprinting are also available as additional options (charges apply).
Participants can also use their own camera or smartphone to take their own pictures.
4. After taking their photos, participants can enjoy matcha green tea or other drink at the scenic 3rd floor cafe space. (Charges apply)
Take a break on the scenic 3rd floor while gazing out at Kenrokuen Garden and the Ishikawa-mon Gate.
5. Samurai Yakata - the location of the experience - is a facility where visitors can easily enjoy traditional Japanese performing arts. After the photo session is over, try your hand with a Japanese instrument (shamisen and taiko drums) or swordplay experience, or enjoy a traditional performing arts show.