This facility is equipped with air-conditioning, elevators, and underground parking, and guests can enjoy a pleasant stay even in winter. Wheelchairs and simple beds are available, so elderly and disabled guests can also enjoy a pleasant stay. Bathrooms have body shampoo and other amenities that can be used by guests with atopic conditions or other allergies. In 2014, this was the first temple lodging to receive halal certification.
- This facility is a temple lodging.
*Temple lodgings were originally accommodation facilities for Buddhist priests and practitioners, but they now also accept regular tourists.
A Buddhist temple is also located on site, so both staff and priests will offer hospitality to guests.
- Guests that reserve a plan that includes meals at this temple lodging can enjoy Buddhist vegetarian cuisine.
*Buddhist vegetarian cuisine follows Buddhist precepts and is prepared with vegetables, beans, and other plant derived ingredients.
- When staying at this temple lodging, guests can experience the following.
- Sutra Transcription: Transcribe Buddhist sutras.
- Buddhist Image Tracing: Copy Buddhist images.
- Religious Service: Observe a ritual where a Buddhist priest chants sutras, etc.
- Goma Fire Ritual: Observe a prayer ritual conducted by a Buddhist priest in front of an open fire. (*Every month on the 28th only.)
The above experiences are current as of Aug. 17, 2017.
Provision of the experiences may be cancelled or experiences may not be available depending on the day.
And depending on the type of experience, advance notice or a fee may be required, so for those interested in the experiences, please make sure to contact the temple lodging in advance for details.
Extra beds are dependent on the room you choose. Please ask the property for more details.