This temple lodging is located in the town center of Koyasan. Their special handmade sesame tofu and Buddhist vegetarian cuisine is very popular among guests.
- This facility is a temple lodging.
*Temple lodgings were originally accommodation facilities for Buddhist priests and practitioners, but they now also accept regular tourists.
A Buddhist temple is also located on site, so both staff and priests will offer hospitality to guests.
- Guests that reserve a plan that includes meals at this temple lodging can enjoy Buddhist vegetarian cuisine.
*Buddhist vegetarian cuisine follows Buddhist precepts and is prepared with vegetables, beans, and other plant derived ingredients.
- When staying at this temple lodging, guests can experience the following.
- Sutra Transcription: Transcribe Buddhist sutras.
- Religious Service: Observe a ritual where a Buddhist priest chants sutras, etc.
- Ajikan Meditation: Meditate while looking at the Sanskrit symbol for "A." (*Requires reservation in advance.)
The above experiences are current as of Aug. 17, 2017.
Provision of the experiences may be canceled or experiences may not be available depending on the day.
And depending on the type of experience, advance notice or a fee may be required, so for those interested in the experiences, please make sure to contact the temple lodging in advance for details.
Extra beds are dependent on the room you choose. Please ask the property for more details.