This inn is located in the center of Mt. Koya and convenient for visiting the nearby temple. Its shojin-ryori, or Buddhist vegetarian cuisine, is cordially prepared with seasonal ingredients and is very popular with guests. The inn's Japanese garden and pond create a tranquil atmosphere where Nishikigoi carp are always swimming. The latest check-in available at Ichijo-in is 17:00. Guests who are delayed and will not arrive by 17:00 are asked to contact the hotel by 16:00 on the day of their reservation.
- This facility is a temple lodging.
*Temple lodgings were originally accommodation facilities for Buddhist priests and practitioners, but they now also accept regular tourists.
A Buddhist temple is also located on site, so both staff and priests will offer hospitality to guests.
- Guests that reserve a plan that includes meals at this temple lodging can enjoy Buddhist vegetarian cuisine.
*Buddhist vegetarian cuisine follows Buddhist precepts and is prepared with vegetables, beans, and other plant derived ingredients.
- When staying at this temple lodging, guests can experience the following.
- Sutra Transcription: Transcribe Buddhist sutras.
- Buddhist Image Tracing: Copy Buddhist images.
- Religious Service: Observe a ritual where a Buddhist priest chants sutras, etc. (*Every morning from 6:30.)
The above experiences are current as of Aug. 17, 2017.
Provision of the experiences may be cancelled or experiences may not be available depending on the day.
And depending on the type of experience, advance notice or a fee may be required, so for those interested in the experiences, please make sure to contact the temple lodging in advance for details.
Extra beds are dependent on the room you choose. Please ask the property for more details.