Enjoy peace of mind listening to the chirping of birds, the rustling of leaves and the sound of water dripping into the pond. Enjoy dinner from private dining rooms with views of the garden. Have breakfast in a dining room or at a table in the shoin (traditional study hall) (built 450 years ago). After the morning Buddhist religious service, English guides introduce Mt. Koya to guests. Please note rooms do not have private baths.
- This facility is a temple lodging.
*Temple lodgings were originally accommodation facilities for Buddhist priests and practitioners, but they now also accept regular tourists.
A Buddhist temple is also located on site, so both staff and priests will offer hospitality to guests.
- Guests that reserve a plan that includes meals at this temple lodging can enjoy Buddhist vegetarian cuisine.
*Buddhist vegetarian cuisine follows Buddhist precepts and is prepared with vegetables, beans, and other plant derived ingredients.
- When staying at this temple lodging, guests can experience the following.
- Sutra Transcription: Transcribe Buddhist sutras.
- Religious Service: Observe a ritual where a Buddhist priest chants sutras, etc. (*Every morning from 7:00.)
The above experiences are current as of Aug. 17, 2017.
Provision of the experiences may be cancelled or experiences may not be available depending on the day.
And depending on the type of experience, advance notice or a fee may be required, so for those interested in the experiences, please make sure to contact the temple lodging in advance for details.
Extra beds are dependent on the room you choose. Please ask the property for more details.