Location rating score
Kayotei's staff endeavors to make guests' stays as comfortable as possible, with its motto to make guests welcome as if they were returning home.
- This quiet ryokan, which features a total of 10 rooms, quietly stands on its 33,100 square meter grounds, surrounded by nature.
- Generally seeking the true, unadulterated qualities of natural and safe ingredients. That is the starting point for Kayotei’s cuisine.
- Prepared with natural ingredients, such as wild-caught seafood, mountain delicacies, organic vegetables, and more, this is healthily-flavored cuisine.
- Ingredients - such as rice, eggs, salt, soy sauce, tofu, and more - are supplied directly from local producers, with no chemical seasonings used.
- All guestrooms are Japanese-style rooms provided with sleek-feeling tatami flooring, shoji sliding doors that provide beautiful lighting through their paper coverings, a hiroen space that connects the room to the garden, and a tokonoma alcove.
- Guests can enjoy a panoramic view of the ravine from their guestrooms.
- The large communal baths facing the ravine is also equipped with an open-air bath that has free-flowing waters direct from the source. They are open for bathing 24 hours a day.
- The large communal baths provide shampoo, conditioner, bath towels, a variety of cosmetics, hair dryers, cotton swabs, and tooth brushes.
- In the Kokin Salon, guests are provided with homemade herb tea. Guests can relax as they like by enjoying a good book or conversation, or taking a therapeutic walk through the woods.
- The entire hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi.
- Check-in and check-out are at 12:00. Feel free to stay a whole 24 hours.
- In addition to nearby Kutani ceramics experiences, Japanese paper workshops, and workshops for wooden furniture craftsmen, guests can enjoy strolls along Kakusenkei Gorge.
- For those with a car, this is a convenient location for visiting Eihei-ji Temple (40 minutes away), Kanazawa and its dinosaur museum (1 hour away), and the World Heritage Sites of Gokayama and Shirakawago (2 hours away).
Extra beds, if available, are dependent on the room you choose. Please ask the property for more details.