Location rating score
- Just 1 hour by car from Kanazawa. This hot spring ryokan is located in the vicinity of Kakusenkei Gorge, a famous spot in the Yamanaka Onsen area.
- Guests can enjoy a relaxing 22 hour stay (check-in at 14:00, check-out at 12:00).
- Hanamurasaki’s specialty meal style is ‘a la carte kaiseki’. Guests can select the dishes they want from the menu of the day.
- Whether they are with their spouse or family, each guest can make their own selections based on their preferences.
(Limited to meals in the dining room. Guestroom meal plans will feature kaiseki course meals.)
- Guests that have trouble making a selection can enjoy the head chef’s recommended kaiseki course meal.
- Guests are treated to select cuisine with every single dish being prepared with in-season ingredients from each season.
- From November to March, crab kaiseki course meals prepared with snow crab from the local Hashidate Fishing Port - 30 minutes away by car - will also be available.
- And, Kutani ceramic ware and Yamanaka lacquer ware will be used so guests can also enjoy the tableware.
- There are 3 types of guestrooms which are primarily Japanese-style rooms with tatami flooring, and all of which have a view of the valley of Kakusenkei Gorge.
- The Special Rooms are Japanese/Western-style rooms equipped with a semi open-air hot spring bath, sauna, kitchen, and living room, so guests can relax in comfort.
- Guestrooms with an antechamber are standard guestrooms with an extra room. This is also convenient for guests staying with their parents or children.
- The standard Japanese-style rooms include an elegant inner garden, wooden fixtures and more, so guests can enjoy Japanese architecture.
- All guestrooms are equipped with a TV, refrigerator, electric kettle, hair dryer, yukata, towels, bath towels, and more.
- In addition to the large communal baths, the ryokan is also equipped with scenic view open-air baths.
- From the scenic view open-air baths, guests can look out over the beauty of Kakusenkei Gorge.
- During the seasons, guests can enjoy fresh foliage, autumn leaves, and snowy landscapes.
- The ryokan is equipped with a natural rock bath and fragrant cypress bath.
- There are also ryokan original chilled sweets for guests to enjoy in the lounge after a soak in the baths.
- There is a bar lounge, shop, and free parking lot available at the ryokan.
- Along the nearby Yuge Kaido Street, in addition to hot spring egg-making experiences, there are galleries for Kutani ceramic ware and Yamanaka lacquer ware, shops that sell sweet dumplings or croquettes, cafes, and more lined side by side. And along the ravine running parallel to the street, there is also a 1.3 kilometer promenade, where guests can enjoy strolls of Kakusenkei Gorge.
- For those with a car, this is a convenient location for visiting Eihei-ji Temple (40 minutes away), Kanazawa and its dinosaur museum (1 hour away), and the World Heritage Sites of Gokayama and Shirakawago (2 hours away).
- There is also a free shuttle from Kagaonsen Station (closest station). From Kanazawa it is just 25 minutes via a limited express train, making travel quite convenient. (For details, please refer to Access Info)
Extra beds, if available, are dependent on the room you choose. Please ask the property for more details.
Dining, drinking, and snacking