Tea Ceremony Experience at a 300-Year-Old Samurai Residence in Kyoto (With 4-Hour Kimono Rental)
1. Wear a kimono and experience Japan's traditional tea ceremony in a 300-year-old samurai residence.
2. The tea ceremony instructor will explain the proper etiquette on how to drink the tea and eat the confectionery, and after the tea preparation by the instructor, customers may also experience preparing the tea themselves.
3. This plan includes a 4-hour rental of kimono that can be worn in as fast as 3 minutes! After the tea ceremony experience, there's plenty to see and do until it's time to return the kimono. Enjoy wearing Japan's traditional garment while walking around Nishi Hongan-ji Temple, Higashi Hongan-ji Temple and other places, or taking pictures inside the salon!
4. Learn all about the proper etiquette, the ceremony's history and philosophy, and other information as the tea ceremony instructor explains them all in English.
5. The location is about a 10-minute walk from Kyoto Station. Feel free to join whether as solo participants or in groups!
approx. 4 hours.