1. From Tokyo, a one-way trip to Nagano takes about 100-105 minutes aboard the Hokuriku Shinkansen (Asama or Hakutaka train). Transportation is convenient with a reserved seat on the Shinkansen. Enjoy the beautiful views seen from the Shinkansen windows.
2. After arriving at Nagano Station, customers will be accompanied by an English-speaking tour conductor from the station platform. On this 1-day tour, visit the National Treasure Zenko-ji Temple as well as Jigokudani Monkey Park, which is famous as a place where Japanese macaques soak in hot springs during the cold season.
3. Sought after by many visitors from all over the world, the Jigokudani Monkey Park is where the behavior of Japanese macaques can be seen up close all year round. Enjoy seeing the monkeys' charming expressions while they spend time relaxing in hot springs, the only hot springs in the world exclusively used by wild monkeys.
4. Visit the Zenko-ji Temple, a designated National Treasure built roughly 1,400 years ago. Along with the Todai-ji Temple's Great Buddha Hall, it is one of Japan's most remarkable wooden structures.
5. For lunch, slurp some warm soba noodles, a Nagano specialty.