1. Participants on this plan will board the Shinkansen from Tokyo on their own and depart for Nagoya. After arriving at Nagoya Station, the tour will go on a day trip to Tsumago and Magome - post towns that retain some buildings from around 400 years ago - along with a National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter. Listen to some historical anecdotes and learn about tasty local food.
2. You can also experience a relaxing walk along approximately 3.3 kilometers of the Nakasendo Trail. The guide will lead you along roads that were once tread by samurai, so you don't need to worry about getting lost. Take a slip through time to the Japan from 400 years ago.
3. Visit an area that is one of Japan's first Preservation Districts for Groups of Traditional Buildings and which has been gathering attention as an international sightseeing spot.
4. Place your mobile phone in your bag and say goodbye to the everyday. Experience the traditional rural atmosphere of Japan.
5. Savor mouthwatering treats such as Kisoji soba noodles, gohei mochi (rice dumpling), kurikinton (sugared chestnut and sweet potato), oyaki dumplings, and more! This tour lets you walk around with a National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter while enjoying delicious local snacks.