1. Visit both the Naiku and Geku of Ise Jingu, a shrine loved by Japanese people. Ise Jingu is said to be the most sacred spot in the Shinto religion. Here, learn about Japanese mythology, culture, and more with easy-to-follow explanations from an interpreter guide.
2. Enjoy comfortable transportation with reserved seats on the limited express train for the round trip from Nagoya. With an interpreter guide by your side there’s no worry about getting lost, so enjoy worry-free sightseeing. Participants who plan to stay in Ise, Shima, or Toba on the day following the tour may leave the tour midway.
3. Both the Geku and Shikinen Sengu will be toured. Learn all about the soul of Ise Jingu, including exhibits on how the divine treasures are made, a model of the Ise Jingu buildings, and videos.
4. Step through the torii gate that guards the Naiku and enter a different world. World leaders visited this spot during the 2016 G7 Ise-Shima Summit. Experience the Naiku’s unique atmosphere which features towering trees and the murmuring of a river.
5. Also enjoy a walk around Okage Yokocho, the side street area at the gate to the Naiku where over 60 shops recreate an old fashioned atmosphere. Try some of the local food such as Ise udon noodles.