Oiran Transformation & Photography Experience with Matcha Green Tea Set at Samurai Yakata, Kanazawa (10:00 Start)
1. Experience transforming into an authentic oiran at a great location just a 5-minute walk from Kenrokuen Garden!
The dedicated staff will handle dressing and hairstyling, and the photographer will capture you beautifully. Recommended for both young and mature ladies.
2. During the Edo period about 400 years ago, oiran were the highest class of courtesans in the licensed quarters. Oiran have been featured in films and the like, and their bewitching and vivid style has been popular even to this day.
3. The photographed pictures will be presented to participants as three 2L size photographs, as well as photo data of the 3 pictures on a CD-R.
Participants can also use their own camera or smartphone to take their own pictures.
4. Customers that book this plan will receive a complimentary matcha green tea set with Japanese confectionery after the experience!
Take a break on the scenic 3rd floor while gazing out at Kenrokuen Garden and the Ishikawa-mon Gate.
5. Samurai Yakata - the location of the experience - is a facility where visitors can easily enjoy traditional Japanese performing arts. After the photo session is over, try your hand with a Japanese instrument (shamisen and taiko drums) or swordplay experience, or enjoy a traditional performing arts show.
approx. 1 hours.